At work, we may focus on balance and diversification within investing, however including
these concepts within our lives overall can be challenging. More than 58% of Canadians
report feeling a sense of “overload” associated with their many roles – work, home and
family, friends and physical health, according to Canadian Mental Health Association.
On May 7th, join us for an inspiring panel session entitled “Optimize Your Work/Life
Balance,” in support of The Shoebox Project, where we bring together industry leadership
and wellness experts to teach us to swim, not sink, in balancing the demands of the 9 to 5.
Timed for Mother’s Day, The Shoebox Project collects and distributes gift-filled
Shoeboxes to women impacted by homelessness in communities across Canada and the
US. Each thoughtfully created and decorated Shoebox is filled with items that can
enhance self-esteem and reduce feelings of isolation for women in need.
To support this cause, we request that all WE members bring an item to donate for the
Shoeboxes (please see the list below). If you don’t have an item, don’t worry! You can also provide a cash supplement, which will be placed towards purchasing more Shoebox items. Following the panel, members are invited to stay, network and pack the Shoeboxes.
Panel moderator: Pablo Fuchs, Editor, Globe Advisor
Karrie Van Belle, Senior Vice President, Head of Marketing and Communications, AGF Investments Inc.
Veronica Marsden, VP Business Development for Medisys Health Group
Wendy Thomas, Founder, Wendy Thomas Coaching
Olivia Fazekas, Manager, Content Marketing, PR & Social Media, Horizons ETFs
Items for Donation:
· Something warm: socks, mitts, scarf, hat, hand warmers
· Helpful items for warmer months: sunscreen, reusable water bottle
· Something sweet: nut-free chocolate and candy (not alcohol-filled)
· Cough drops, multivitamins
· Body or hand lotion, soaps, toothbrush, toothpaste, floss
· Brush, comb, shampoo, conditioner
· Nail polish, mascara, eye shadow, lipstick, lip balm
· Purse-sized Kleenex, small cosmetic bag
· Gift cards (Tim Hortons, Shoppers, McDonalds, etc.)
· Please write the amount on the card or include the receipt
· Subway tokens and bus tickets
· Shower shoes, soap & toothbrush holder
· Journals, colouring books, pens, coloured pencils
· Supportive message